Co-Founder and Partner
Chris is a co-founder and partner of FMI Investment Partners, where he is personally involved in the sourcing, evaluation, execution, and ownership of each investment and management of the Fund.
- 20+ years of investment, M&A advisory, research, financing, and operational experience serving lower and middle-market firms, with over a decade of experience focused on the Built Environment
- Current board member of The Green Group
- Prior experience with Harris Williams & Co., FMI Capital Advisors, FBR Capital Markets, First Citizens Institutional Money Management, and BB&T Capital Markets
- Master of Science in Finance (Distinction), Lancaster University; Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude), East Carolina University
- Member of CFA Institute, holds Chartered Financial Analyst designation
- Past laborer, carpenter, and equipment operator for multigenerational, family-owned general contractor
Co-Founder and Principal
Adam is a co-founder and principal of FMI Investment Partners, where he is responsible for the sourcing, evaluation, execution, and ownership of each investment.
- 10+ years of investment, M&A advisory, financing, and operational experience serving lower and middle-market firms across the energy sectors and the Built Environment
- Current board member of The Green Group
- Prior experience with Harris Williams & Co., Seaport Global Securities, and Dickinson Williams
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations in finance and marketing from University of Richmond
- Past laborer, equipment operator, and facilities services experience across southern Louisiana
Chairman Emeritus, FMI Corporation
Stuart is the former chairman of FMI Corporation. He is involved in the sourcing, evaluation, and execution of investments and leverages his extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and business continuity transfer plans for FMI Investment Partners.
- 30+ years of investment, M&A advisory, financing, and operational experience serving firms across the Built Environment
- 20+ years of leadership experience as the Senior Managing Director of FMI Capital Advisors and board member and chairman of FMI Corporation
- Prior experience with Troxler Electronic Laboratories and Ford Motor Company
- Master of Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Bachelor of Science in Engineering Science and Mechanics from North Carolina State University
CEO, FMI Corporation
Co-Founder, FMI Investment Partners
As the president and chief executive officer of FMI Corporation, Chris oversees the management of all FMI businesses and services and leads the firm’s strategic growth efforts. As co-founder of FMI Investment Partners, he is involved with the sourcing and execution of investments and leverages his previous experience as president and senior managing director of FMI Capital Advisors, the firm’s investment banking subsidiary.
- 25+ years of investment, M&A advisory, financing, and operational experience serving firms across the Built Environment
- Current board member of The Green Group
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Accounting from Virginia Tech
Skip is the founder, majority owner, and CEO of Venture Management Group (“VMG”). At VMG, Skip has made over 60 control investments in companies across the Built Environment and healthcare industries. As an advisory board member, Skip lends his extensive operational and principal investing experience to support FMI Investment Partners with the sourcing, evaluation, and ongoing support of investments.
- 40+ years of operational and principal investment experience
- For 30+ years, Skip, as founder and CEO of VMG has sourced, acquired, built, and exited business across the construction, business services, manufacturing, and technology sectors
- Representative control investments include: Coastal Mechanical, CMS Nextech, Energy Task Force, Resitech Industries, Boys Electrical, Tower-Davis Electric, Quantum Specialty Contractors, Omega Medical Imaging, Control Solutions, Inc
- Prior experience managing GE’s industrial and utility service business units
- Attended the Harvard Executive Development Program, as well as the MBA Programs at the University of Massachusetts and the University of Michigan; Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Grove City College
Hugo is the former President and CEO of WSP Canada Inc., a national planning, engineering and project management consulting firm serving the transportation, water/wastewater, buildings, power/energy/industrial, environment and geomatics markets. As an advisory board member, Hugo will lend his extensive strategic planning, corporate development, M&A and operational experience across business functions to support FMI Investment Partners with the sourcing, evaluation, and ongoing support of investments.
- 40+ years of general management, engineering, strategy development and execution, business development, operations and financial management experience in an national and international environment
- As President and CEO of WSP Canada Inc., he lead a firm with six business lines, 8,000 employees and $750 million of revenue
- Previously he served as President and CEO of MMM Group Limited in Canada, a leading planning, engineering and project management company focused on the transportation, water/wastewater, land development and buildings markets
- Prior to that he was a Partner / Senior Principal at Halcrow Yolles, a top-tier buildings structural engineering firm, where he was responsible for business development both nationally and internationally
- Previous Board experience includes Rand Technology Corporation and Engineering.com (both publically listed), and MMM Group Limited, Yolles Partnership Inc., and Coriport S.A (all private companies)
- He is a graduate of the University of Toronto with a B.A.Sc. and M.Eng. in structural engineering; and holds the ICD (Institute of Corporate Directors) designation from the Rotman School of Business at the University of Toronto
Phil is the founder and former CEO of Albireo Energy, a national energy services and smart building solutions company. As an advisory board member, Phil will lend his extensive operational experience across business functions to support FMI Investment Partners with the sourcing, evaluation, and ongoing support of investments.
- Recognized in 2016 by E&Y as an Entrepreneur of the Year finalist for his vision building Albireo
- CEO of Clean Urban Energy, a SaaS-based smart grid solution where he led a liquidity event in 2012
- Executive leadership roles running a North American energy business at Siemens
- Early executive at Tridium responsible for global marketing and product strategy
- Phil has his undergraduate degree from Illinois State University, an MBA from Lewis University, and is active as an advisor to Clean Energy Trust and Lewis University
Bob is the former President and CEO of Aqua-Aerobic Systems, an applied engineering and equipment supplier serving the municipal and industrial water and wastewater markets. As an advisory board member, Bob will lend his extensive operational experience across business functions to support FMI Investment Partners with the sourcing, evaluation, and ongoing support of investments.
- 40+ years of general management, engineering, sales, marketing, operations and financial management experience in a domestic and international environment
- Previously was Managing Director of the Products Division of Thames Water PLC, where he was responsible for world-wide operations of seven business entities with $200 million of revenue and 750 employees
- Prior to that he served as President and CEO of Thames Water Products and Services Division in the U.S and as President and CEO of F.B. Leopold Company, a filtration equipment company focused on municipal water and wastewater and industrial markets
- Alumnus of the Senior Executive Program of London Business School and various other graduate programs at IMD, Lucerne, Switzerland and The Wharton School of business; MBA from the Golden Gate University in San Francisco and his BSME from New York Institute of Technology
Brent is a Managing Partner of Concentric. He is responsible for fundraising, investor relations, deal sourcing and overall strategy. Prior to co-founding Concentric, Brent founded and served as the President of Granville Advisers, a boutique advisory and investment firm. Granville advises insurance companies and banks on their private credit investment strategy, advises early stage funds and companies on capital formation strategies and also invests in early stage companies and funds. Prior to Granville, Brent co-founded Triangle Capital Corporation. From 2002-2016, Brent was engaged in starting, taking public and building this investment company which focused on direct lending to lower-middle market companies. As the Chief Investment Officer and Chairman of the Investment Committee, Brent led $2.3 billion of investments in 165 private companies. Prior to Triangle, Brent worked at Oberlin Capital and Cherokee Investment Partners.
Since 2011, Mr. Burgess has served as an advisor and investment committee member of Sovereign’s Capital, an early stage venture fund with offices in Palo Alto, CA and Jakarta, Indonesia. Mr. Burgess is also an advisory board member of CoFounders Fund, an early stage venture fund based in Raleigh, NC, and Cypress Hills Partners, a boutique merchant banking firm based in Vancouver, BC. Brent also serves as an advisor or board member of numerous small businesses.
- 20+ years of investment and financing experience
- Under Brent’s leadership, Triangle invested several billion dollars in more than 150 private companies
- Previous experience with Oberlin Capital and Cherokee Investment Partners
- Bachelor of Arts and Social Studies from the University of Regina, Canada in 1989, where he graduated with Great Distinction. He earned an MA from Regent College/University of British Columbia in History in 1993, where he was awarded the Board of Governor’s Prize and the History Prize.
Chip is the former Chairman and CEO of FMI Corporation. As an advisory board member, Chip lends his extensive operational, principal investing, strategy, entrepreneurship, and governance experience to support FMI Investment Partners with the sourcing, evaluation, and ongoing support of investments.
- 35+ years of strategy, business development, and operational experience serving firms across the Built Environment
- President of Andrews Ventures and current Board Member for Power Construction, Axxiom Manufacturing, Dropsource Software, and NCSU Board of Trustees
- Previous board experience includes, Association of General Contractors, Young Presidents’ Organization, Bell Fund II, August Jackson, PPC Partners, Morgan Stanley Trust, and Western Construction Group
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from North Carolina State University
Hunt is the Founder and CEO of Canopy Lawn Care, Inc., a tech-enabled services company backed by Lowe’s, the owners of a multi-billion dollar Engineering & Construction company, and a technology venture capital fund. As an advisory board member, Hunt lends his extensive experience in operations, management, entrepreneurship, and mergers and acquisitions to support FMI Investment Partners with the sourcing, evaluation, and ongoing support of investments.
- 15 years of investment, M&A advisory, financing, and operational experience serving firms across the Built Environment
- 10 years of leadership and advisory experience as a Managing Director of FMI Capital Advisors
- Previous experience founding two technology start-ups and helping his family’s 100+ year old company transition ownership
- MBA from Wake Forest University; Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with minors in Business and Economics from North Carolina State University